TikTok is a popular platform for creating videos with sound or music effects. Sound plays a vital role on this platform because without sound TikTok is like a fish without water. The primary goal of every creator is to use unique, trending sounds on TikTok. Even though your post’s concept is not new, use trending audio in your video to attract an audience. A video connected with the perfect sound can amplify the visibility in your post. Whether you are creating videos for fun factor or promoting your brand, use popular sound to boost your TikTok hearts and go viral. Moreover, making exciting videos with your own sound can become a trend on TikTok. You can create your own sound in multiple ways. This article will show you how to create your own TikTok sound.
What Is TikTok Sound
Like challenges, effects, and filters on TikTok, sound also helps you to trend and go viral on this platform. For instance, you can use many viral sounds in the TikTok Library. Otherwise, make your custom sound unique to get famous on TikTok. Sounds are quickly becoming one of the most vital features of this platform. You can notice the top trending videos on the “ForYou” page using original audio. So, creating your own sound for video can immediately give you top-ranking potential on TikTok. Moreover, sounds are one of the compelling features added to your content.
How To Create Your Own TikTok Sound
One of the easiest ways to make a sound in the TikTok app is your own voice, and you can do this while recording a video. At the time of recording, you can talk, play a musical instrument or sing; all these activities are considered the new sound. You can also make a voiceover on TikTok; the app will automatically convert it as sound. You can go viral on TikTok overnight even if you don’t have many followers in your profile. Your video should be creative, innovative, and unique to grab audience visibility within the first few seconds of your video. Many creators have become popular on TikTok due to making their own sound. If most people share your TikTok sound, it will become trending on this platform.
Here are the steps to create your own sound on TikTok:
- Open the “TikTok” app on your phone and tap the plus “+” icon to make a new video.
- Click the “Red record” button to shoot your content.
- You can add custom sound while recording a video.
- Once you’re done recording, press the “Red checkmark” to continue.
- Press the “Next” button and add hashtags or captions to get more hearts for your video.
- Publish your content by clicking the “Post” icon at the lower-bottom of the screen.
- If you want to save your own sound for future reference, then click the “Spinning record” button at the bottom right of your video.
- Press the “Add to Favorites” button to use your audio later, or click the “Use this sound” icon to make a new video using your original sound.
You can find your video on your profile page and select that video to watch it.
At the bottom of your screen, you can notice that the video will play with your custom sound. When you are using original sound in your new video, then the audio title will be present at the top of the screen.
How To Perform Voiceover On TikTok
Voiceover will be a fun way of narrating your video and where you can give comments for others’ videos. You can add voiceover to your video after film or upload; it will add credit to your post. Fortunately, TikTok has a default feature to include voiceover in your video.
Here are steps to perform voiceover in your video:
- In the “TikTok” app, press the plus “+” icon to record a new video.
- You can either create a new video or upload one from your phone gallery, then hit the “Next” button.
- On the editing page, you can see the “Voiceover” icon on the right side of the panels and tap on it.
- Then click the “Record” button and add voiceover using your microphone. Either you can add voiceover to the entire video or include voiceover for certain sections by the press and holding the record button.
- After finishing all editing of your video, then press the “Save” button.
- Tap the “Next” button to add captions or hashtags for your post.
- Select the “Post” button to publish your video.
You can add a text feature accompanying voiceover to your video to get more visibility.
How To Add Sound In The TikTok Music Library
Open the “TikTok” app on your phone and go to the plus “+” icon.
To record a video, tap on the “Red Circle” icon at the bottom of the screen. Once you’re done shooting, tap the “Red Circle” button again.
Or else you can upload a premade video from your phone gallery. To do this, select the “Upload” option at the bottom-right corner and choose the video you want to post.
Press the “Red checkmark” icon to move forward, and you can add sound by tapping “Add Sound” at the top-middle of your screen.
You can select the sound from the list or search for a specific sound to use.
Edit the sound of your video by adding effects and adjusting the length.
Then click the “Voiceover” feature if you like to narrate something about your video.
After that, tap the “Next” button and click on the “Post” button to publish your video on TikTok.
After publishing your video, you can save that specific sound for later reference. This can be done by clicking the “Spinning record” button at the bottom-right corner.
How To Make Sound Without Posting A Video
You are like some sound from a cinema or anywhere, but you can’t discover it in the TikTok library. Then you can use the sound in your video and post it as private. This option will give access to use that sound in future.
Here are steps to create sound without post a video:
- Choose the sound that you need to include on TikTok in your phone. Make that as a video with the use of your phone’s in-built screen recorder. Ensure to record in a peaceful place.
- Open the “TikTok” app on your phone and tap the plus “+” icon.
- Click the “Upload” option to choose an existing screen recording.
- Press the “Next” button. You can trim the sound on this editing page by tapping “Adjust clips” and select “Save”.
- Click the “Next” button to move forward on the publish page.
- On the posting page, you can choose “Only me” preference in “Who can watch this video” and tap the “Post” icon.
- Now you can see your video in your profile page.
Tips To Create Your Own Sound On TikTok To Go Viral
Nobody can find the method of custom sound that goes viral on TikTok. However, some strategies can help to enhance your sound.
Here are some tips to boost your chances of going viral on TikTok when you use custom sound in your video.
Always Be Original
Sound going viral means that it grabs people’s attention and starts using the same audio for their videos. Custom sounds are helpful to blend with all others videos on TikTok, and it will also help to attract audience attention. To do this, ensure your sound is unique, creative, flexible and relatable to your video.
Make It Short
Someone watches your video several times, then the TikTok algorithm automatically takes your content on the “ForYou” page, and the result will be shown on your next video. So. It is a great idea to get more views on TikTok by making your videos too short. At the same time, think of grabbing your audience’s attention to view your video again and again.
Making your own sound on TikTok may take some time to work out. But if you create a popular sound and go viral, it will return you to more important things like getting more followers, receiving hearts, likes and more. Once your custom sound stands out on TikTok, other users can also use it for their videos. Users might find your sound using a TikTok library search. But in most cases, they will come into your video to take sound and use it on their video. Have you ever created your own TikTok sound just before? You can know this by reading this article. Hopefully, this will show all how to add sound to your TikTok with a step-by-step guide.