TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms for posting videos, and it has more than one million monthly active users worldwide. Many brands are posting videos on TikTok because it has vast audiences on this platform. TikTok provides opportunities for each user to gain popularity. Even startup businesses can drive sales and generate income with TikTok profiles. Recently, a new feature rolled out on TikTok is the “Repost” button. If you are wondering how to use the repost feature on TikTok, then you are in the right place. TikTok sometimes discourages its users from reposting others’ content because the video includes a TikTok watermark with a username. Fortunately, you can remove the watermark for reposting other users’ videos. Many users need help with this new feature and how to find out on TikTok. Keep reading this article to learn about reposts on TikTok with a step-by-step guide.
What Is Reposting
Reposting is an effective way to increase more likes for TikTok videos and expand your reach. Initially, TikTok didn’t have an in-built reposting option on this platform. So users can repost videos through download and re-upload it on TikTok. In some cases, this activity leads to copyright issues for the video. Now, users can share other users’ content with the help of the TikTok repost feature, which also helps to overcome copyright warnings. TikTok “Repost” option appears similar to the “Retweet” option on Twitter. This feature allows sharing videos with your followers and will make credit to the original creator. Finally, the reposted videos will not appear on your profile feed.
Repost Video On Tiktok
You are reposting a video on TikTok; it will most likely appear in your followers’ feeds. Still, this will credit the original creator, because your profile picture will appear on that video above the creator name. You can’t share all videos you find on TikTok; it allows you to share videos only on the “ForYou” page.
Here are the steps to repost videos on TikTok for both iPhone and Android:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone and find the video that you need to repost.
- Once you select it, click the “Share” icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Here you will see a list of menus available for sharing, remixing, etc. and select the “Repost” option on the top-left side. (A small menu explains what reposting means when you repost a video for the first time. Move forward to completing your repost)
- You can also add a caption for your reposting video.
- Once you are done reposting, your profile picture can appear above the original creator’s name. To add a comment for the video, tap the “Bubble” in your video. The comment will appear whenever your follower sees a reposting video.
Undo Repost On TikTok
In some cases, if you accidentally tap the repost button, don’t panic about this situation. However, the TikTok app allows you to undo the repost video. You can undo or delete the repost with a simple click. Use the following steps:
- Head over to the “Share” icon as in the above topic.
- Then click the “Remove Repost” option to undo your resharing.
This process is easy but to avoid accidentally tapping on the repost button. You disable the repost option from the settings.
Turn Off Repost On TikTok
If you are unwilling to repost other users’ videos, then TikTok allows you to turn it off. Follow the below steps to turn off reposting:
- Go to the TikTok app and tap the “Profile” icon.
- Click the “Hamburger” icon at the top right corner.
- After that, select the “Setting and privacy” menu and tap the “Privacy” option.
- Scroll down the page to find the “Repost” button.
- Finally, toggle off “Video repost”.
Enable Repost On TikTok
The Repost feature is automatically enabled in TikTok, but suppose you are not viewing the “Repost” option in the share menu. It may be disabled in your profile, or the feature is unavailable, so keep the latest version on TikTok. If you want to enable the repost feature, follow the below steps:
- Open the “TikTok” app and go to the “Profile” icon.
- You will see the “Three-line” icon at the top right corner of your screen, and tap on it.
- Then, select the “Settings and privacy” option, and click the “Privacy” button from the available menu.
- Scroll down the page to find the “Repost” option, and you can see this under the “safety” section.
- Finally, toggle on “Video Repost”.
See Repost On TikTok
TikTok does not have any in-built option to show repost videos in your profile. Once your repost video is shared with your friend “ForYou” feeds. You can only see the repost videos on TikTok in your friend’s FYP.
More things about the repost feature:
- If someone comments on your repost video, it will show on the original creator’s video.
- Getting followers for the reposting video will be credited to the original creator.
Repost TikTok Video on your story
You can engage with your followers by reposting a video on your story, which will help to gain popularity on TikTok.
Here are the steps to repost a video on your story:
- Head over to the “TikTok” app and navigate to the video that you need to repost.
- You can choose a video from your “ForYou” page, Following page.
- Tap the “Share” icon (Arrow-pointing right) at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Select the “Repost to story” button (light blue with two sparkle shapes inside).
- Make necessary edits like adding text, stickers and more.
- Once you have done all the editing, click “Repost to the story”, and this repost video will show in your story.
There are many reasons why you want to save or repost other users’ content on TikTok. Reposting videos can increase the chance of showing up on the TikTok For You page. You might find it funny, agree with that point, or use it for future reference. However, TikTok allows users to save and repost videos with a TikTok watermark and creator name. But you can only share videos within the TikTok app. To avoid copyright issues when taking other creator content to repost. Make sure to ask permission from the original creator of the video. And also, give them credit by mentioning them in your repost video caption. As of now, you know how to repost videos on TikTok. This article will help you to repost someone else’s content with a step-by-step guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now you know how to access the repost button, Turn it off, undo and enable the repost feature in your profile. Still, now you have some questions about how to repost on TikTok.
What Does Repost On TikTok?
Reposting on TikTok means you can share other users’ content with your followers and friends “ForYou” page. When your repost content is not shown on your profile.
Can I see who shared my TikTok video?
Unfortunately, there is no option to see who uses your content for reposting on TikTok. Although, you can see how that particular video performs on this platform.
How can I see my repost on TikTok?
There is no way to go back and see your old reposts on TikTok.But you can do this with a simple trick and start implementing it yourself. For instance, when each time you repost, keep a bookmark it. It can help you revisit all your reposts and keep track of your data.
How Do I Undo Reposts on TikTok?
If you don’t want to keep reposting videos to your followers, feed and also your friends, “FYP”. There is a way to undo your repost video (you can use the above method to undo the repost.