TikTok is the fastest-growing social media platform in the world. With over 1 billion monthly active users, it gives opportunities to creators and brands to grow their followers. The live feature is one of the best things on TikTok, which allows users to interact with their audience in real-time. Suppose you are a content creator looking for fresh ideas to engage with your audience.
Then it is good to know how to go live on TikTok. With the help of live features, you can easily connect with your audience. Also, going to Livestream has a lot of benefits for your TikTok profile. So this article will show you a closer look at the live feature and how to access it without 1000 followers on your profile.
What Is TikTok Live?
TikTok live is a real-time broadcast that users watch on the TikTok app. It is pretty much the same as other social media live. Live video is usually short and informal. However, brands create more formal lives, such as product tutorials and informative videos like cooking hints, beauty tips, etc., one of the best ways for creators and brands to interact with their audience in real time.
Reason To Go Live On TikTok
Here are some of the reasons why should you need to go live on TikTok:
- Going live is a great way to connect and interact with your audience in real-time. Which can help to build brand trust and make strong relationships with your users.
- If you are 18 years and older, your live viewers can send you virtual gifts during live broadcasts, which you can redeem for cash. Or you can donate that gift to a charity.
- TikTok has weekly rankings for users’ live videos, ranking based on audience engagement. If you get a higher engagement rate, then algorithms prioritize promoting you on the platform, which can help you gain more likes for your TikTok videos.
How Many Followers Need To Go Live On TikTok?
You need at least 1000 followers on your profile to access live features on TikTok. Also, you have to be 16 years and older to do your own live broadcast.
You have to switch business accounts to use some of TikTok’s features, like add a link in your profile bio. Although, for the live feature, minimum followers count will be applicable for the creator and business accounts. In addition, you must be 18 years and older to receive virtual gifts from the viewers during the live video.
Go Live On Tiktok
Here are the steps to go live broadcast on TikTok if you meet live video requirements.
- Open “TikTok” on your phone and press the plus “+” icon at the bottom center of your home page.
- At the bottom navigation, scroll through left until you see the “Live” button.
- Pick the cover image and add a title for your live stream. Remember that your title and cover image captivate users to click on your video. So ensure to grab your audience’s attention.
- Once ready to go live, click the Red button with GO LIVE. It will countdown from 3,2,1, and your live session will start. If this countdown does not pop up on your screen, it means that many live broadcasts are going on simultaneously.
- Or Make sure you have fit the requirements for going to TikTok live. Otherwise, attempt to go live stream after some minutes later.
- When you are in the live session, you can click the “three-dot” icon to use features and settings. Here you can access filters, and effects, flip the camera and filter comments.
- To make your live video more visually appealing to the audience, use the TikTok camera for adding effects.
- If you need to end your live stream, tap the “X” button at the top-left corner of your live stream.
How To Go Live On TikTok Without 1000 Followers?
Users only have a live option on their TikTok profile when they have 1000 followers. There is a simple trick to go TikTok live without 1000 followers.
If you wish to do it, Follow the below steps to access the live feature without 1000 followers:
- Head over to the “TikTok” app and click on the “Profile” icon.
- On the profile page, tap the “Hamburger” icon at the top right corner and go to account settings.
- Select settings and privacy.
- Scroll through down to select “Report a Problem”.
- Under popular, choose “I can’t start a LIVE.”
- After that, you will see “Is your problem solved?”, then choose “NO”.
- In the “Tell us your feedback” section, write your problem like you cannot access TikTok live. Please enable it.
- Tap the “Send” button, and you can get access to TikTok live within two or three days.
Some users report that this hack will work. But if you are not getting access to it, you can work to build audience engagement organically.
How To Join Someone Else Live?
If you need to blend with other users or friends, live on TikTok. It is the most straightforward method:
- Head over to the “ForYouPage” and press the “LIVE” button at the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Scroll through the lives and pick the live you need to join. On this page, click “Multi-guest” at the bottom to ask to join their live session.
Tips To Go Live On TikTok
Live streaming incredibly impacts marketers, content creators, and brands on the TikTok app. Once you are ready to go live, the below tips can help you to make the best result on Live stream:
Go Live At The Perfect Time
Before going live, find the perfect time when your followers are online and interact with you. Discovering the right time to go live will help you to boost your TikTok views and engagement for your video. You can know your followers’ information by accessing TikTok analytics. You can get analytics by navigating to the hamburger icon on your profile page and then select Creator Tools> Analytics> Followers> Followers Activity. Here you can know when your audience is most active on TikTok and which is the best time to go live.
Keep It Short
Prior to the live session start, plan the overall time of the TikTok live video. However, TikTok allows you to go live for 60 minutes long. But keep in mind that 30 minutes tend to be a perfect option. This is enough time to help you create the live session details and get to the point. The most important thing is to engage with your audience by answering questions. So keep your time short of making people communicate with you in live sessions.
Before doing a live video, you might figure out what you will deliver on your TikTok live. It can be promoting your new product, driving traffic to your website, connecting with your audience, or making a community.
There are many options available to go live stream. However, your live broadcasting is unscripted and informal. If you pre-plan what your content is about, pick a goal for your live broadcast, which can be helpful to keep your audience engaging with you during the entire live stream.
Going live on TikTok is one of the best ways to communicate with your audience, build brand trust and drive traffic to your website. A significant part of the live stream is informal, and there is no need to edit your video. All you need to do is pre-plan to give an engaging video to your audience. You can do many things on TikTok live; it includes live questions & answers and partners with other creators.
You might feel shy at the first live session, but at the time, collaborate with your friend or followers in your live stream. Going live will give many benefits, like getting virtual gifts from the audience, interacting with them, and getting new followers.